THE BEANIE THATGLOWS IN THE DARK
The Fashion StatementThat Really Gets You Seen!
1. Information We Collect
To fulfil your order, we need you to provide us with certain information, such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information (using PayPal), and the details of the product that you are ordering. You may also choose to provide us with additional personal information (for example for a custom order), if you contact us directly.
2. Why We Need Your Information and How We Use It
We rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
• as needed to provide our services, such as when we use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
• when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for our mailing list;
• if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by law; and
• as necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as providing and improving our services. We use your information to provide the services you requested and in our legitimate interest to improve our services.
3. Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about our customers is important to our business. We share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
• Service providers. We engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to our shop, such as our website hosts 123reg.co.uk; Paypal, who provide secure payment services, and Google Analytics, who provide tracking services. We will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
• Business transfers. If we sell or merge our business, we may disclose your information as part of that transaction, but only to the extent permitted by law.
• In compliance with law, we may collect, use, retain, and share your information if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce our agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our customers, or others. Under no circumstances will we ever sell your details to other companies.
4. Data Retention
5. Transfers of Personal Information Outside the UK
We may store and process your information through third-party hosting services outside the UK jurisdiction. As a result, we may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and
government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
• Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the contact information below.
• Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict our use of, or delete your personal information. Except for in exceptional circumstances (like where we are required to store data for legal reasons) we will generally delete your personal information upon request.
• Object. You can object to (i) our processing of some of your information based on our legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from us after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, we will delete your personal information unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
• Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
6. How to Contact Us
For the purposes of EU data protection law, I, Jane Beachell, as owner of GlowBeanie, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me by emailing [email protected] Alternately, you may mail me at:
Jane Beachell, GlowBeanie, Fern Hill, Mount Road, LLANFAIRFECHAN, Conwy, LL33 0DW, U.K.